Monday, June 2, 2008

To plan or not to plan?

One morning, after waking up, I started to think what I was going to do that day. I started thinking from buying breakfast from my favorite coffee shop. I went there to buy breakfast at least once a week. That day, I also planned to meet my friend and took something from her. In my mind, everything should go smoothly as I planned. But who knows, none of them could be proceed that day.

I started my plan on buying breakfast. When I reached there, my usual favorite breakfast had been sold out although it was still very early in the morning. Then I went to my friend's place. Before going there, I even thought what I was going to tell her about. But who knows, when I reached there, she was not there. That means what I was thinking about was useless.

Maybe you've ever had this kind of experience. Why do we always think and think, plan and plan? Planning for the future is important, that's what we call goal for life. But it can also be your wandering thoughts.

There are rules I always follow for this kind of situation.

* If something that is not really important, don't put it in your mind repeatedly (like buying breakfast). Don't give your mind any burden in the morning.

* For anything you have planned, but not going smoothly as planned, don't be frustrated. Everything in this world keeps on changing, moving and nothing is eternal.

* Planning for something is necessary, but doing is more important, but the most important is to adapt quickly to the changing situation.

If you plan to do something necessary or a goal to achieve, plan it quickly but carefully. Then do it routinely up to a certain time (maybe a few weeks or a few months). If something undesired happens (not in accord with your planning), adapt to the situation as necessary (try to find a solution quickly).

If you can't solve it, share it, maybe you can use Yahoo! Answers or search for forum where you can share.