Saturday, June 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

When I was a child, I used to collect sticker. I remember that I had a sticker with "Home Sweet Home" printed on a red background with an apple or strawberry picture next to it.
Well, I am not going to tell you about my stickers, but I would like to tell something about the words "Home Sweet Home".

Chinese people have a saying, "When parents are around, don't travel far". The meaning could be deep, but I think this refers to the ancient Chinese people life principle of putting filial piety above career and other aspect of success.

Happiness doesn't come easy. It's not nature, but nurture. I mean the real happiness in the family comes from nurturing the life with the teaching of filial piety as the basic lesson for every family member since childhood.

Nowadays, people don't cherish family more than career, money and position. Everyone works hard searching for success outside the family, and as a result we see many broken family. Unlike those ancient Chinese people who put family education as their main education.

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right." ~ Confucious