Sunday, October 26, 2008

A so-called "crazy man" in my neighborhood

There's a man around my neighborhood, who enjoys talking to himself. He sometimes talks about things like news on TV, sings and talks about certain things which people usually think that unnecessary to talk about. Some of my neighbors thought that he's crazy and ignore him. Some of them also treat him like a real crazy man. Some call him as a "weird man". But some treat him like a normal person and talk to him like talking to a normal person.

Therefore I have never talked to him, I always notice that he does certain things that most of my neighbors, like helping visitors to call at the door when we have visitors coming (almost no one has door bell around the neighborhood). And another thing that he always does is to clean the environment. It seems that almost every morning he sweeps the floor around his home. I said around which means not only his house and and outside his house, but the outside of other houses around. Sometimes he also shouts aloud when the electricity is back to normal after a black out.

Why do I want to talk about this man? To most people, crazy man is crazy man and normal person can't accept one like this in their environment. As far as I know, I have never seen him fight with anybody. I have never seen him harm anybody, either. Instead, I have ever seen him picking up rubbish for many times.

The reason to post this article is just because I suddenly remembered one of Master Chin Kung's quotes: "See the good points in everybody. Never see the bad points." In this way, we can live in harmony with anybody. That's one of Master Chin Kung's teaching which has deeply graved in my heart. You would probably say that someone has only bad points and no good points at all. This is actually because you haven't realize the good point in that person and most of all you don't want to change your perception against others. There's a Chinese saying, "Never see others with thorns in your eyes". Better learn more from wise people, like Master Chin Kung.